Skip to Content

How to Propose a New Program or Affiliationcolor bar

The Study Abroad Office, in conjunction with the UNT-International Office of Partnerships and Special Initiatives, has developed a process that should be followed when submitting a request for a new program affiliation.  Please follow the instructions included in the attachments below and submit all completed documents to the Study Abroad Office.  The following procedure has been developed to create uniformity in the manner in which student mobility agreements as well as general cooperation statements are completed.  Any questions related to the information listed here should be directed to Ms. Amy Shenberger, Director of Study Abroad.

This information applies to student exchange, general cooperation agreements, internship affiliations, program affiliations, research collaborations, etc., essentially any program that involves student mobility across borders. The links below will provide detailed instructions regarding the process, and include all applicable forms required for submission.

Steps to Proposing a New Student Mobility Program
This document provides a timeline and a list of required components.

Approval Form for International Agreements
Download the document entitled "Approval Form for International Agreements and Process Outline" under the section called "Partnerships Resources." Complete this document by filling in all required fields and attaching the Site Evaluation Form (below) to the Approval Form.

Site Evaluation Form
This form must be completed by either the UNT proposer (preferably) or by the host institution or partner.

Course Equivalency Evaluation Sheet
In order to ensure that a proposed program will provide a substantive academic experience that will be counted towards UNT students’ degrees, the Initiating Faculty/Staff member must evaluate courses at the partner institution for equivalency at UNT, in concert with either the Academic Associate Dean of their College or the UNT Vice Provost for Transfer & Articulation.  Please contact those individuals directly to assist you in evaluating approximately 12-18 SCH if a summer-only program, and 30-36 SCH for semester and academic year programs, and attach the list to this Approval Form. through the UNT Vice Provost for Transfer & Articulation.  Each course to be evaluated for transfer will require a completed Course Equivalency Evaluation Sheet.  Once the required number of courses have been evaluated and a UNT equivalent course has been determined, please return all evaluations with the completed "Approval Form for International Agreements" to Ms. Amy Shenberger, Director of Study Abroad.

Study Abroad Office
Physical Address 
236 Sage

Mailing Address  
1155 Union Circle #310210
Denton, TX 76203-5017

Technical Issues?

For problems regarding this website, contact the

Site Administrator

Study Abroad Office

Disclaimer | AA/EOE/ADA | Privacy Statement | Web Accessibility Policy | State of Texas Online

facebook  Instagram  Twitter 



Last modified 09/15/2015