Skip to Content

Register International Travel


You must register your international travel if you are:

  • Faculty or Staff traveling internationally on University business
  • A UNT student NOT participating in a regular UNT study abroad program (this includes service learning, internship, and research)
  • A dependent or guest of a UNT faculty or staff member who is participating in officially sanctioned international travel on behalf of UNT

Once you have completed your registration and it has been reviewed by the Study Abroad Office, you will receive an email with your ID Card and additional information regarding the coverage.

To complete the Registration you will need the following information.

  1. Emergency Contact Information
  2. Copy of your Passport (not mandatory)
  3. Dates for the cities and countries you will be visiting.

Please note that a separate registration needs to be completed for each instance of travel abroad. Multiple trips in the same term require multiple registrations.

Once you have completed the registration process you will be enrolled in UNT's International Insurance policy through ACE/Europ Assist.  Coverage details and plan information is available by clicking here.  The cost of this coverage varies from year to year so please check with the Study Abroad Office for details (940-565-2207).  Students and guests will receive an invoice from the Study Abroad Office with payment instructions.  Faculty and staff of UNT are provided this coverage without additional cost. 
To Register yourself:  To Register Someone Else:



Yellow & Orange ExclamationPlease be aware that UNT's international insurance provided by Europ Assistance USA coverage is limited in countries sanctioned by the U.S. Treasury's Sanctions Program. The university encourages faculty and staff to educate themselves about coverage restrictions and to access information avaialble from the U.S. Department of State Travel Warnings. the U.S. Department of State has their own Travel Warnings. Students, Faculty and Staff can access the Europ Assistance USA home page to access the security reviews and other travel information upon registration.


When I used to leave the US for my annual field season in the Republic of Georgia, my Blue Cross insurance stayed here at home.  But since 2008, I have been protected by the UNT International Travel Insurance and the International SOS programs, which are offered, free-of-charge, by UNT International. That first year, I had to be evacuated from Georgia because of the Russian jets dropping bombs so close that we could feel their concussions. The Italian, Dutch and Spanish students on our crew were quickly repatriated by their governments. The US Embassy sold us bus tickets to Yerevan for $39 and said good luck in Armenia. Thankfully, the International SOS program reimbursed my $4,100 ticket from Yerevan to Dallas. Other than a series of rabies shots, I have been blessed with good health and no accidents during my annual travels. But for me and my students, the SOS and UNT international health insurance programs assure that we will be covered for emergency medical care, trip interruption, and yes, even war risk! At zero cost, these protections are a gift to all of us that travel in service to our university and our students.

Dr. Reid Ferring, Professor of Geography at University of North Texas 


Study Abroad Office
Physical Address 
236 Sage

Mailing Address  
1155 Union Circle #311067
Denton, TX 76203-5017

Technical Issues?

For problems regarding this website, contact the

Site Administrator

Study Abroad Office

Disclaimer | AA/EOE/ADA | Privacy Statement | Web Accessibility Policy | State of Texas Online